Sweet and Tangy Spareribs5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“This recipe is one that has been passed down two generations. They taste like no other ribs I have ever tried. They are sweet and tangy just like the name says. They seem to come straight from the Orient. Lots of raves on this one. Very yummy.” - by KOOKIEKRIS
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat bacon drippings in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Place spareribs in the skillet, and brown on each side for about 5 minutes. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix mustard, molasses, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place browned ribs in a large baking dish. Cover with the mustard sauce mixture.
- Bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours in the preheated oven, basting occasionally with the sauce mixture, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 776 cal
- 63.4 g
- 13.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Even though this had not been reviewed yet, I decided to try it anyway. I ruined a perfectly good set of ribs. It was as tough as nails and tasted too much like soy sauce and wers. sauce. The kids ..." See morewould not eat it and we managed to choke down some then throw the rest away. The smell of that awful sauce permeated the house for a day. Try a simple BBQ sauce on a low heat recipe before this one."
"I cut the cooking time a little. My kids loved these. We love ribs and will use this recipe again!..." See more"
"I made this recipe for my family when I was trying to creat a chinese-style dinner. I didn't have spareribs on hand but had a boneless pork roast that I sliced into approx 3/4 inch slices. This recip..." See moree was great, the sauce was amazing! I will definitely make this again and may even try it on chicken. The only thing is, I mis-read the amount of hot sauce and used 2 tablespoons instead of 2 teaspoons - there was a definite tang, but it was alright. I will be sure to use the correct amount next time! This recipe is a keeper!"
Chinese Barbequed Spareribs
Slow Cooker Country-Style Spareribs
Just swipe to see more like this.