Beef Florentine90 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is a recipe my Mother made often. The teenagers around my house inhale it. I usually saute the onion in a little butter before adding it to the dish and I microwave the spinach.” - by SARAH BOOTHE
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Remove from heat, and stir in cooked noodles.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, onion, and Parmesan cheese. Spread half of noodle mixture in a large casserole dish. Layer with all of spinach mixture, then cover with remaining noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cover with mozzarella, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 574 cal
- 39.4 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (90)Rate This Recipe
"YIKES...I left out a very important part of submitting this recipe...Once you add all the ingrediants in the pan in step 3, you must let simmer for 15 to 30 minutes before adding the noodles...I think..." See more you all will find that improves it a bit...sorry for the inconvinence"
"This was a good recipe and very very easy to make. The only problem I had was after I put it in the oven, I realized that the acutal directions don't say what to do with the 2 cloves of garlic. When i..." See moret came out it did seem to be missing something, so I'm assuming the garlic probably could have gone in the spinach mixture. I would also like to try substituting spaghetti for the tomato sauce and ricotta for the cottage cheese. I will definetly make this again, though, and tweak it a bit. It still came out yummy, and it's definetly a way to spruce up plain old ground beef. It's leftover friendly too~ Thanks, Sarah!"
"Delicious! For those who had a problem with wateriness, I make two suggestions. First, the originator of the recipe posted a review in which she said she forgot to say that the meat mixture should b..." See moree simmered for 15 minutes. Second, make sure to thoroughly drain your cooked spinach. I put mine in several layers of paper towels and squeezed until no more liquid came out. I followed the suggestions of other reviewers and added more seasoning to the meat, and I sauteed the onion and garlic with the meat as well. The result was a very flavorful dish that I'm sure I will make again."
Halloween Jack-o'-Lantern Beef Pies
Easy Beef Strogonoff
Just swipe to see more like this.