Baked Brisket3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 6 hr
- Ready In: 1 day 6 hr 20 min
“The red wine vinegar and cilantro make this brisket really something special. Everyone who has tried it has loved it and always asks for more! It is really important to let this marinate for a full day -- it makes all the difference.” - by TOBYSGIRL
Original recipe yields 1 brisket
- Trim the excess fat from the brisket. Poke a lot of holes all over brisket with a skewer. Briskets are usually long, so cut meat in half so that it will fit into a large, resealable bag with the marinade.
- In a blender, combine garlic, cilantro, and vinegar. Blend until smooth. Pour marinade into resealable bag with the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Shake flour into largest size oven cooking bag. Place brisket into bag. Close bag and pierce as instructed on package. Layer the onions on top of the brisket, inside of the bag. Place on baking pan in the center of the oven.
- Bake in preheated oven until tender, about 6 hours. Slice thinly across the grain to serve.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 487 cal
- 40.2 g
- 3.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe sounded so good. The smell while cooking wasn't appetizing at all. I will definitely not make this recipe again!..." See more"
"The marinade makes the flavor a little tangy but enjoyable. The 3 onions are a bit much and take away from the aroma while cooking. I used 1 and a 1/2 onions and the aroma was very pleasant while co..." See moreoking. My husband is a very picky eater as is my son and they both enjoyed the entree. The meat was tender and fell apart as I took it from the bag. I made sure the fat was trimmed off the front, I think that made the difference between tender and stringy. I thoroughly enjoyed this dish and will make it again."
Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket I
Just swipe to see more like this.