Asparagus Appetizers70 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“A wonderful appetizer to have on hand that can be made ahead of time, frozen, and used as needed.” - by DALEPFEFFER
Original recipe yields 40 pieces
- Trim crusts from bread, and flatten slightly with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl, stir blue and cream cheeses together with the egg until well blended and creamy. Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Roll one asparagus spear inside each, and fasten with a toothpick.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Roll each asparagus wrap in butter to coat. Place on a baking sheet small enough to fit into the freezer, and freeze for one hour, or until butter hardens and wraps are somewhat firm. Remove pan from freezer, discard toothpicks, and cut each wrap in half crosswise. Store in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer until ready to use.
- To serve, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Arrange frozen asparagus wraps on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Check occasionally, and turn if necessary, for even browning and to prevent burning. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 463 cal
- 40.3 g
- 18.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (70)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic. I actually made these last Wednesday and froze them for a party I had last night (Tuesday). It was a small girls night out gathering with only 4 small appetizer dishes. This was the only..." See more dish that had no leftovers. I gave out the recipe enough that I wish I had written it down and copied it. I even used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese and egg beaters. I also reduced the butter and brushed it on instead of rolling it around in the butter. I had enough for 24 slices of bread and could have made more except I ran out of bread. I definitely reccomend you give this one a try."
"I had an abundance of asparagus so I gave this recipe a whirl. I used whole grain bread, decreased the butter & & greatly decreased the cooking time (down to about 14 minutes but next time I will set ..." See morethe oven @ 375 & cook for about 18 minutes). I added chopped chives & freshly ground black pepper to the cream cheese mixture & took the suggestion to sprinkle sesame seeds onto them after rolling them in the butter...very nice addition to the recipe. I used gorgonzola cheese & neufatchel cheese & because of previous reviews, spread it a little thicker (but not too much) than I would have...which was a good move. It'll be nice to have homemade appetizers ready to pop in the oven whenever wanted."
"Yummy! Can't wait to make again. Next time I will spread the blue cheese/cream cheese on thick! We could hardly taste it. But that's only because I put a very thin layer on. I was worried it would..." See more be too overbaring. It's not. Also, I would brush on the melted butter. The bread soked it up too much."
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.