John's Flammekueche14 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“My wife and I had this entree in Paris, France. It was so good that we had to order another one. The French people sure know how to cook. It is like a pizza, but 1 million times better!” - by ERLENSEE_GERMANY
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out the bread dough into a rectangle, and spread out on a baking sheet greased with olive oil. Set aside.
- Place potato slices in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add bacon slices to the water, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Drain. Remove bacon, then dice.
- While the potatoes and bacon cook, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring until tender. Remove from heat and stir in cream; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the onion mixture over the bread dough. Arrange potato slices evenly, and sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden on the bottom. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 616 cal
- 30.7 g
- 68.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"This is an awesome recipe. I am a vegan so I changed the cream to non-dairy sour cream. I used thawed pizza dough instead of french bread dough (because it was all I had). I sliced the onion very t..." See morehin and didn't chop. I used soy margarine and Bac-o's (which are vegan). My husband flipped over this one! He's not vegan and he thought it was scrumptious! I was a little scared of this recipe at first, but it was so easy and delicious. Beware though, it is very rich! I'll definitely be making this often! Thanks for the great recipe!"
Chef John's Italian Meatballs
Chef John's Colcannon
Just swipe to see more like this.