Almond Cream-Puff Ring20 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 55 min
“This recipe is so easy to make, but your guests will think you spent all day in the kitchen! Delicious! Make about 3 hours before serving.” - by SYNCHORSWIM
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a cookie sheet, or use parchment paper. Using a dinner plate as a guide, trace a circle on the sheet.
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, combine water, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil. With a wooden spoon, vigorously stir in flour all at once, until mixture forms a ball, and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat, and beat in the eggs one at a time, until mixture is smooth. Drop batter into 10 mounds inside the circle traced on the cookie sheet, to form a ring.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn off oven, leaving ring in for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool on wire rack. When cool, slice in half horizontally, and place bottom ring on serving plate. Spoon Almond Cream Filling on bottom ring, then replace top ring. Chill in refrigerator.
- To make Almond Cream Filling: Prepare pudding according to instructions on package, but use only 1 1/4 cups milk. Fold in whipped cream, and 1 teaspoon almond extract.
- To make Chocolate Glaze: In a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, combine chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons milk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup. Heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Spoon over the top of chilled ring.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 343 cal
- 24.5 g
- 26.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"Sooo easy, tasty, and quick. Don't worry about making the ring - it normally doesn't hold together, and the individual ones are just as good and probably preferable (people avoid breaking things apar..." See moret). Great way to make cream puffs - and you can avoid drawing circles. I made these twice of how quick it is. Highly recommended."
"This was awesome! I didn't make any changes and don't know if this did a thing to help the dryness (breaking apart), but I put a pan of water in the oven while the pastry was cooking...." See more"
Glazed Almond Bundt Cake
Chocolate Almond Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.