Neapolitan Cheesecake12 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 5 hr 45 min
“Layered or swirled white chocolate, dark chocolate and strawberry cheesecake on a crumb base. It may be served as is, or topped with strawberry preserves or ganache.” - by bme
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch springform pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, mix together the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- For the vanilla-white chocolate filling: Melt white chocolate in a metal bowl over barely simmering water, or in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring frequently; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until blended. Mix white chocolate into the batter and set aside.
- For the dark chocolate filling: Melt chocolate in a metal bowl over barely simmering water, or in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring frequently; set aside. In another bowl, beat 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla until blended. Stir in melted chocolate.
- For the strawberry filling: In a third bowl, mix together 8 ounces cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Blend in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry extract; stir in mashed strawberries.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the white-chocolate vanilla cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Layer with the dark chocolate and strawberry batters (see Cook's Notes).
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and continue baking for 50 minutes, or until center is nearly set when jiggled.
- Remove pan from the oven, immediately run a paring knife around the edge to loosen, and let cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled before removing from the pan.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 378 cal
- 27.7 g
- 27.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cheesecake and took second place in a baking contest. I divided the filling into three separate bowls with about 1 2/3 cups in each one. Each bowl was a different flavor. After the chee..." See moresecake had cooled and was ready to serve, I melted 3 squares of semisweet chocolate with 2 Tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of shortening, Cool for 2 minutes and pour over the cake letting it drip a little over the sides. Melt 1/2 ounce of white chocolate with 1 tsp shortening and drizzle over the glaze. That seemed to change the cheesecake from looking a little drab to one for a special occasion."
"The steps were quite simple, it just took extra time to clean out my mixer bowl with each flavor. Not bad, but probably wouldn't make it again. It did come out rather flat, so others may want to try i..." See moret in an 8" springform instead of a 9", rather than doubling the recipe."
"This recipe was fairly easy to prepare. I will suggest that if you want to have consistent levels of the three layers, you should put the strawberry on top because it is a little thinner than the oth..." See moreers. This cheesecake was delicious(nothing like regular cake as far as I am concerned)."
Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake
Orange Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.