Pancetta Wrapped Shrimp with Chipotle Vinaigrette and Cilantro Oil6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This dish makes a hearty and filling main dish and is also great to serve as an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre.” - by Ryan Nomura
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Prepare cilantro oil by pureeing cilantro, canola oil, honey, lime juice, and salt to taste until smooth; pour into a bowl or bottle, and set aside.
- Prepare the chipotle vinaigrette by pureeing the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and garlic in a blender until smooth. With the blender running, slowly pour in the canola oil, and puree until creamy. Season to taste with salt, and set aside.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Cut the pancetta slices in half. Wrap a half slice of pancetta around each shrimp to cover. Grill until the pancetta has crisped, and the shrimp has turned opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, arrange cooked shrimp on a warmed serving platter or individual plates, and drizzle with chipotle vinaigrette and cilantro oil.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 839 cal
- 73.2 g
- 2.8 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for the main attraction for a 4 course Mother's Day brunch and stumbled on this recipe. WOW!!! These were a hit. I made them again the very next weekend they were so great! The only chan..." See morege I made (on accident) was instead of making the cilantro oil and then the chipotle vinaigrette seperatly, I made it all together (so it was Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette). It tasted great and I didn't see a reason to keep them seperate if you're going to pour both on the shrimp. Just be sure to grill the shrimp long enough. I was concerned I would over do it and pulled the first batch off the grill a little early. Make sure the pancetta (Italian bacon) is nice and done and the shrimp will be perfect."
"I made this for a Friday night get together we have every week. It was a hit. I poured a little of each sauce over the plate of shrimp after they were grilled as the recipe suggested and then my gues..." See morets used the rest of the sauces for dipping sauces. I will definitley make this again. "
Fish Tacos with Honey-Cumin Cilantro Slaw and Chipotle Mayo
Just swipe to see more like this.