Southwestern Chicken Pitas with Chipotle Sauce28 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a quick, great tasting sandwich that's a little spicy. This spice mixture is similar to the (great) Philly Steak Sandwich recipe submitted by Wendy L, but modified for the Southwestern flavor. The sauce is best prepared before hand to let flavors blend.” - by L810C
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, chopped green onion, chipotle peppers, peanut butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Place in a sealed container, and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Mix together 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, and cumin; sprinkle over chicken. Heat half of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and red peppers until tender; transfer to a plate, and set aside. Wrap pitas in foil, and place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet, and saute chicken until no longer pink. Add the onions and red peppers, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cut pitas in half, and stuff with chicken mixture. Serve with lettuce, cheese, and chipotle sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 647 cal
- 30.3 g
- 48.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"My family loves the chicken and dislikes the sauce. We eat this regularly, but use a chipotle ranch sauce instead. ..." See more"
"When I read the recipe, I was skeptical about the sauce with the combination of chipotle peppers, yogurt and peanut butter. I overlooked this due to the various glowing reviews of the sauce. I wish ..." See moreI trusted my instincts. The sauce ruined an otherwise good recipe. If the sauce combinations of recipes gives you pause, trust your instincts."
Chicken Stuffed Peppers with Enchilada Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.