Anthony's Chicken45 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Lightly breaded chicken breast covered with a honey mustard barbeque sauce containing chopped bacon, diced tomatoes and onions. This dish is baked over pasta topped with Monterey Jack cheese.” - by Anthony D'Onofrio
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Transfer to a deep 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs to coat. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry chicken breasts until the juices run clear, and they are well browned on both sides. Remove to paper towels to drain. Drain excess oil from the chicken pan, leaving it coated.
- While the chicken is cooking, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Place the skillet that used to have chicken in it over medium heat. Add tomato, onion and bacon, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Pour in the barbeque sauce and spicy mustard. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the pasta in the dish, then place the chicken on the top, and cover with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 994 cal
- 36.3 g
- 107.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"WOW...Is this tasty!!! This deliciously creative chicken dish has become a family favorite in our home!!! It is a wonderful combination of flavor... with the honey mustard barbeque sauce and bacon. Th..." See moree list of ingredients is fairly simple and they taste awsome together. It's also nice because it is quick to prepare. We love it!!! Our compliments to the chef...Thanks "Anthony"!!!"
"This is great but at 1000 cals and 36 grams of fat it is way too much for me so I lightened it up by using ff dressing, light shreaded mexican cheese, and a bag of Hormel bacon bits. Also no butter o..." See morer breading or you can use egg white and bread crumbs and a little olive oil to brown chicken breast or just brown them in cooking spray. Still turned out great and with a lot less calories and fat. This tasted great and my family loved it. Thanks Anthony!"
Gourmet Chicken Pizza
Smothered Bacon Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.