Rhubarb Rolls13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A wonderful rhubarb dessert that always bring requests for the recipe. Easy and quick to make. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.” - by Carol
Original recipe yields 12 rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Dissolve 1 cup sugar in boiling water, then add 3 tablespoons butter. Remove from heat, and set syrup aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter. Stir in milk; mix lightly. Roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle shape about 12 inches long.
- In another bowl, combine rhubarb, cinnamon, and 1 cup sugar. Spread evenly over roll, leaving a 1/2 inch edge. Roll dough tightly lengthwise, and seal the seam. Cut into twelve 1 inch sections. Arrange rolls in prepared pan. Pour syrup over rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 342 cal
- 11.1 g
- 59.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is a family favorite, to the syrup we add 2 cups chopped Rhubarb to make a basting syrup. Also we like to add some red food coloring to the syrup...." See more"
"This was really, really good. Like another user stated it was sticky and hard to roll up, but it sure tasted great...." See more"
Rhubarb Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.