Down Under Lemon Tart37 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“This is a 'to-die-for' tangy lemon tart. Family and friends always request it when invited for dinner.” - by ausiemaria
Original recipe yields 1 9- or 10-inch tart
- Place flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar in food processor; process until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water, and process until mixture forms a dough. Mold dough into 2 flat shapes, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thick (3mm), and line a 9- or 10-inch (24 cm) tart pan. Patch any cracks with extra dough and chill the crust in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line pastry with foil, fill the foil with a little raw rice, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and rice, and continue baking until pastry is a light golden color.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, superfine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream. Do not over beat. Pour the mixture through a strainer. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and carefully pour the lemon mixture into the baked pastry crust.
- Bake until the tart is nearly set, about 20 minutes. The filling will be runny in the center, and will set when cool; don't over cook, or cracks will appear. Cool and serve.
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"I must say, the recipes for this pastry is probably the best I have ever used! It is really easy to work with, providing you use more water than what is suggested. It doesn't crack, and the result i..." See mores quite a biscuity, even textured pastry. Perhaps in the future I might try adding a little vanilla sugar, or vanilla essence for an extra 'biscuity' taste. The actual filling has a really nice texture too, and overall, this is a yummy tart. When I make this next time, I might use a little less lemon rind and juice, because it was a little too lemony for me. But I guess that comes down to personal preference. This was a great recipe!"
"This recipe is a smash hit with all our guests. It's light, delicious, and refreshing. I recommend going the extra mile to use fresh squeezed lemon juice as the flavor is somewhat dulled with bottle..." See mored lemon juice. The crust is fantastic and it's a fabulously pretty presentation. One other note. The recipe says not to overmix the filling. If you do whip or whisk it too hard bubbles form, and these often will remain during baking and detract from the prettiness of the final product. "
Lemon Pie Bars
Lemon Pudding Cream Tart
Just swipe to see more like this.