Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta58 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This dish is so easy to make, but tastes like you slaved away in the kitchen. When purchasing the scallops, be sure to look for a subtle pink or creme color. Stark white scallops have been soaked in water to add extra weight. Other pastas such as rotini, shells, or penne can be substituted for the farfalle. Makes an excellent main course, or add spinach or asparagus to turn it into a meal in itself. My pookie likes to have this dish served with antipasto of buffalo mozzarella, artichoke hearts, and fire roasted tomatoes.” - by Grace
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, place scallops in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Pour mixture over scallops. Arrange scallops in a single layer in a large baking dish or plate. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon dried basil over scallops so that only one side is sparsely coated with basil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, and melt one tablespoon of butter in the pan. Place 12 scallops basil-side down, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until dark golden brown. Turn scallops, and cook the other side. Cook the remaining 12 scallops the same way.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter with 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Toss pasta with butter and olive oil mixture. Divide pasta onto plates, and top with scallops.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 522 cal
- 30.5 g
- 45.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"I'm on Weight Watchers, so to make this a little more diet friendly, I made a few changes. I only used 2T butter total, 2T olive oil, and divided it between the skillet and the sauce. I made the sauc..." See moree with 1 T butter, 1T olive oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, and chicken broth. I also added in asparagus and fresh tomatoes. And - I used whole wheat pasta. All in all, very tasty. This recipe was a great jumping off point and I still stayed on WW. 1 serving was 6 points."
"Good recipe. My 3 & 6 yr old girls LOVED this dish! I did a few things different. I skipped the step of placing the scallops on the plate to cover w/ basil. I added Basil to the mixture in before mi..." See morexing w/ the scallops. I transferred the scallops first to the skillet and began to brown them. After a minute or so, I added the remaining mixture where the scallops were. Once completely browned, I added fresh Asparagus tips. I didn't use as much butter and used extra garlic & basil. I am so excited that my kids loved it! I am certainly going to keep this recipe and play around with other ingredients to add."
Pasta with Scallops, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
Shrimp, Broccoli Rabe, and Tomatoes Over Penne Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.