Cheryl's Spinach Cheesy Pasta Casserole272 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe was given by a friend and it instantly became a favorite! It tastes great as leftovers as well! Enjoy!” - by FBERLAGE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, and cook the spinach 4 to 6 minutes, until tender.
- Place the cooked pasta in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil. Toss the pasta with the cooked spinach, egg mixture, and bread crumbs.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the baking dish, and cover with another 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with half of the Cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Layer with remaining pasta mixture, and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 378 cal
- 18 g
- 38 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (272)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! The taste was great. There are a couple of things that I would change. First, add a lot more cheese, and wait to add the cheese to the top until the last 15 minutes. When I pull..." See moreed it out of the oven, the cheese had browned, and it was tough. Perhaps covering the dish prior to baking would change that. Also, add herbs and spices! Garlic would be awesome in this dish--fresh basil and some oregano would definately be good. You must try this recipe!"
"This recipe was very good with the changes that I made. I first ommitted the egg and breadcrumbs, cause that just seemed kinda weird. I sauteed the spinach(water all squeezed out) with onion, garlic,..." See more pinch of dried oregano, and crushed red chili flakes, then added the sauce. I mixed it all with the shells, put it in a casserole dish and topped with mozzerella and parmesan cheese. And it was sooo delicous, I served it as a side dish along with breaded chicken. thanks for the recipe inspiration!!"
"This is a nice recipe to use as a base to be creative. I took another reviewers advice and used fresh spinach I got at the famers market, sauted it in olive oil, minced garlic salt and pepper. I dra..." See moreined the excess moisture. I also wanted to reduce the fat content. I used egg beaters and reduced fat mozzerella cheese. This was fabulous with some steamed carrots and fresh fruit salad. I will be making this again. Thanks"
Spinach Cheese Manicotti
Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.