Roast Pumpkin and Feta Risotto49 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This tasty dish combines the sweetness of roast pumpkin and salty taste of feta cheese to create a sensational risotto.” - by MEL_JADE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place pumpkin in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm. Transfer pumpkin to baking dish, and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in rice, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more broth. Continue cooking until the rice is tender to the tooth, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pumpkin is almost done, place feta on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until the cheese is hot, and is beginning to melt along the edges.
- Mash 1/2 of the pumpkin, and stir into the risotto with the spinach. Ladle risotto into bowls, and top with remaining pumpkin cubes and heated feta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 615 cal
- 13.1 g
- 107 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"A winner -- literally! I'm a college student and my dorm sponsored a cooking contest for dishes using fresh pumpkin, so I entered this one, and I won 1st prize, a mini iPod! I roasted baby pumpkin hal..." See moreves and served the risotto in them, which made for a great presentation. Delicious (though time-consuming)."
"Wow! This was absolutely delicious and so beautiful to present as well. (I served it in a pumpkin half I had hollowed out). It was a very unexpected combination. I added sauteed red bell peppers to ad..." See mored even more taste and color."
"This took me somewhat longer than the specified time, but the finished dish was well worth it. I appreciate the simple flavors, and how easy it was to cook the rice. When I've made risotto before it..." See more has always been difficult. A couple of suggestions: 1) mine took an extra quarter cup or so of broth; 2) I let the corners brown on my feta cheese, because it intensifies the flavor. The cheese fit on a toaster oven-size sheet, and I used a 3 qt. sauté pan for the rice, which fit everything perfectly. I will make this recipe again."
Basic Microwave Risotto
Just swipe to see more like this.