Tomato Sausage Tart25 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Tomatoes and sausage are baked in cheesy layers then served with a home made basil mayonnaise. Delicious and very easy.....great for a brunch or showers.” - by DOREENBUCH
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook stirring occasionally until sausage is browned, and onions are translucent. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, 1 egg and light cream until well blended. Stir into the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Place the sausage mixture over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices over the sausage layer, then top with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle dried basil and oregano over the cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through and bubbly. Let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with Basil Mayonnaise.
- To make Basil Mayonnaise, combine the fresh basil, 1 egg, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend to mix, then gradually drizzle in oil while blending. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 606 cal
- 52.6 g
- 19.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"Tried this tonight with some wonderful home grown tomatoes and it was delicious! Didn't do they mayo though as I felt it was rich enough. Just added some basil to a small portion of prepared mayo an..." See mored used just a dollop on each piece. We did have some left over so we'll have to see if it reheats OK. There was quite a bit of juice left in the pan which I removed so leftovers won't be soggy."
"Delicious recipe! Used a frozen deep dish pie crust as a timesaver. Also, used more than 1/2 pound of Italian sausage. My advice is to make this the day before you want to serve it so it will have a c..." See morehance to become more solidified. I only had three small Roma tomatoes and wish that I had more. You definately need the tomatoes in this dish. Also, do not add any salt whatsoever. Didn't bother with making the fresh mayo though I think it would be terrific with this. Went wonderful with a Chianti."
Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
Roasted Pepper and Asiago Chicken Sausage Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
Just swipe to see more like this.