Chunky Cheesecake Brownies260 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Wow! Melt-in-your-mouth brownies that are easy and elegant. Chocolate brownies marbled with cheesecake make fabulous squares! This is by far my most requested recipe.” - by bakergirl
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg in a mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Stir 1 cup chocolate chips into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat off, and set a heatproof mixing bowl over the water. In the mixing bowl, combine butter with the remaining cup of chocolate chips; stir until just melted and blended together. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs, then sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into chocolate until evenly blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate layer. Top with remaining chocolate mixture (this doesn't need to completely cover the cream cheese layer). Using a knife, swirl the top chocolate layer into the cream cheese to make a marble pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is crinkled and edges pull away from sides of the pan. Cool thoroughly. Cut into 12 to 16 squares. Store in the refrigerator or freeze.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 244 cal
- 15 g
- 27.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (260)Rate This Recipe
"These are so good! The first time I made these brownies I forgot to add the flour for some reason but they turned out moist, rich and very yummy. The second time I made them I remembered to add the ..." See moreflour and they still turned out rich and yummy but slightly dense. I'm going to have to say I liked it better flourless but either way it is so good. Instead of melting the chocolate and butter over the stove I just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirred it and then put it in for 20 more seconds and it was the perfect consistency-much faster and easier."
"These are absolutely wonderful! I made them as is except I cut the sugar for the brownie part to 1/4 cup per another reviewers suggestion. I also made them in a 12 cup muffin pan lined with baking cu..." See moreps (makes clean up, etc. super easy). I spread a rounded teaspoon of the brownie mix on the bottom, then spread out the cheesecake mix evenly amongst the cups, then topped with remaining brownie mix and swirled the tops a bit with a knife. This baked up just like cupcakes! I bet they would taste awesome with a cream cheese frosting or something. Another good thing is that this recipe is really easy, versatile, inexpensive and doesn't require a lot of ingredients - I had everything but the cream cheese and chocolate chips already. Also, can be made to your own liking - the possibilities for flavor combinations is endless. Maybe next time I'll try white chocolate chips, or butterscotch. Or flavor the cheesecake. The only thing that I didn't like was the chocolate somewhat over powered the cheesecake. I'll cut back on the amount of chips in the cheesecake next time. Baked for 25 mins, although I think they could of used a few more minutes. Thanks for the recipe - will make these again and again! "
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.