Leslie's Broccoli, Wild Rice, and Mushroom Stuffing43 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is the only stuffing I ever make and it gets RAVES! Not only is it beautiful, it has a wonderful meld of flavors and textures. Want something different than a sage dressing? Try mine!” - by Leslie Eickhoff-Davis
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring rice and 1 1/2 cups water to boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a pot with enough water to cover, and boil 5 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms and onion until tender. Mix in cooked rice, cooked broccoli, stuffing mix, broth, and almonds. Transfer to the prepared baking dish (or use to stuff turkey just before roasting).
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 271 cal
- 11.2 g
- 35.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"I make this awesome stuffing every year for Thanksgiving. However, the last few years, I've used 2 packets of Uncle Ben's microwave wild rice instead of the uncooked wild rice. It tastes exactly the..." See more same and shaves 45 minutes off the cooking time!"
"I brought this stuffing along with a roast turkey to a potluck tonight and got many compliments on it. Every lady there asked me for the recipe, and several of the men too! Some commented that they di..." See moredn't really like stuffing, but this stuffing was delicious! This recipe is a keeper! It goes together very easily too. Thanks! P.S. The recipe as posted doesn't delineate a quanitity or preparation on the almonds. I used a small bag of slivered ones, and it seemed to be the right amount. "
Wild Mushroom Stuffing
Wild Rice Stuffing for Turkey
Just swipe to see more like this.