Valentine's Day Chocolate Mousse6 Reviews
“For the sweetheart in your life, Valentine's Day Chocolate Mousse is sure to be a hit. This dessert can be made before the big day so you don't have to worry about the grand finale to your Valentine's dinner. Add flare by serving in a martini glass - or any glassware that will add a special touch!” - by HersheysKitchens.com
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Prepare CHOCOLATE HEARTS.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium heavy saucepan. Stir in milk and water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling. Stir about half of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Boil gently 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla to hot mixture; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into small metal bowl. Set bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice water. Beat on high speed of mixer about 5 minutes or until chocolate mixture is completely cooled. Fold in the whipped 3/4 cup cream. Spoon into martini glasses or dessert dishes.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Just before serving, top each with a dollop of the whipped 1/2 cup cream and a strawberry, if desired. Peel chocolate hearts from wax paper; place one on each dessert.
- CHOCOLATE HEARTS: Place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Milk Chocolate Chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds; stir until melted. Let stand 2 minutes. Pour into heavy duty small plastic bag, Cut off a tiny corner of the bag. Squeeze bag to pipe mixture into heart shapes on wax paper. Refrigerate until firm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 645 cal
- 39 g
- 66.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was really easy and the taste was absolutely divine!! Very rich and chocolately; smooth as silk. Big hit at my party...." See more"
"This was one of the most incredible desserts I have ever tasted. It took me about 45 minutes to make, and the chocolate heart topper was easy enough to make freehand. If you put it in a wineglass of s..." See moreome sort, it makes it have that elegant gourmet look. Like I said, this recipe is wonderful, but it's truly all about presentation."
Just swipe to see more like this.