Awesome Chicken and Yellow Rice Casserole64 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“This Cuban influenced dish has been a family favorite for generations! Chicken baked with onions, bell peppers, and water chestnuts, then added to prepared yellow rice makes this dish one you'll be asked again and again to make!” - by Tamara Grimes
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a Dutch oven, toss the onion, green bell pepper, and water chestnuts with olive oil to coat. Rub the chicken with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt, and place on top of the vegetables in the Dutch oven.
- Cover, and cook the chicken 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Remove from heat. Leaving the vegetables in the Dutch oven, remove the cooked chicken, cool, skin, debone, and shred meat.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the yellow rice according to package directions.
- Mix the shredded chicken and cooked rice into the Dutch oven with the vegetables. Return to the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 353 cal
- 10.7 g
- 32.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (64)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely Wonderful! I did make the recipe a little more user friendly. I bought a costco rotisserie chicken and softened my veggies on the stovetop, while I shredded my chicken, I made 2 packages ..." See moreof the Mahatma brand yellow rice, then mixed everything together and baked for 20 min. It was all gone. I had my nieces over and my hubby and I did not even get seconds."
"Quick and easy..A great recipe! The only thing is, I would have liked a little more "bite" to it. I think next time instead of the pimentos I will add a can of the diced tomatoes with green chili's to..." See more it. Also I used boneless and skinless chicken breasts, because that is what I had. Thanx! --------- Just an update...I tried this recipe again this time replacing the pimentos with chopped tomatoes with green chilis and it was EXCELLENT!! Will definately keep in my recipe box and will keep making. It was a hit in my house..when my "men" are happy so am I..(smile)"
"This turned out great! I did do some shortcuts and added some curry powder and garlic. I boiled boneless skinless chicken breasts, then shredded into a bowl. I added garlic salt, curry powder, pepper ..." See moreand seasoned salt plus just enough water to moisten chicken enough for the spices to stick. I sauteed the onions and bell pepper with a little garlic salt and curry powder, then put the vegetables, chicken, cooked rice, pimientos and chestnuts to a baking dish and mixed. I topped with a little bit of fresh grated parmesan and baked for the 15 minutes. Will definitely make again."
Easy Chicken and Rice
Okra, Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.