Roasted Winter Root Vegetables8 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“These roasted root vegetables are colorful and delicious. More importantly, they can be partially prepared so as to ease the amount of preparation on turkey day. I often serve them with roast beef as well. The recipe can be easily scaled to suit a smaller yield.” - by rupps
Original recipe yields 60 servings
- Place the rutabaga in a pan and cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and cool completely. Repeat steps to cook the parsnips and carrots.
- Place completely cooled vegetables in resealable freezer bags. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 days, or freeze up to 1 month. To thaw the vegetables, refrigerate overnight and drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Pour the vegetable oil into a rimmed baking dish. Place the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and toss with the basil, salt, and pepper. Place the pan in preheated oven to heat for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables and toss to coat with the oil.
- Roast vegetables in preheated oven, turning every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 99 cal
- 4.8 g
- 13.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I scaled this way down for a family Sunday lunch with roast lamb, minted peas and baby leeks. The only thing I did differently was to add in some sweet potatoes and about 4 cloves of garlic. We loved ..." See moreit! Thanks for the recipe."
Mom of 3
"I rarely give out 5 stars for anything, but this one earned them! My mother made this recipe last year and loved it. She suggested I try it. I only tried a rutabaga once before and wasn't a huge fan, ..." See morebut in this recipe you'd never know it wasn't a potato. Parboiling in advance makes this recipe super simple. Its easy to divide too, I made this for just my husband and I, so we didn't need 15 lbs of veggies. I used just 8 oz of each vegetable and estimated the rest of the ingredients. It turned out perfect. I will be making this again and again. Thanks for sharing!"
Oven Roasted Greek Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.