Pumpkin Rice Pudding10 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is one of my absolute favorite rice puddings. It tastes exactly like pumpkin pie and makes a really great breakfast dish! Try it with cooked brown rice and substitute dried cranberries for the raisins, if desired.” - by Robyn C.
Original recipe yields 1 - 2 quart baking dish
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat and add the rice. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes; drain well.
- Using the same saucepan, bring the milk to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice, vanilla bean, and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the rice is very soft and absorbs most of the milk, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, discard the vanilla bean, and stir in the sugar.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour half of the rice pudding mixture into a large bowl. Add the pumpkin puree, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg. Spoon the pumpkin rice pudding into the prepared baking dish. Mix the raisins into the remaining rice pudding mixture, and spoon it over the pumpkin rice pudding.
- Bake, uncovered until firm, about 30 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with cinnamon if desired.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 310 cal
- 0.5 g
- < 1%
- 69.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"First of all, I'm a big fan of both pumpkin pie and rice pudding. I don't think this tastes like pumpkin pie and I didn't love the pudding. I made it exactly as written(4 cups of milk is not too muc..." See moreh when using the right rice), but something in the pumpkin layer seemed off. I think it could have used more sugar and spices. I would taste the pumpkin half before baking it, and add whatever you think it needs."
"Although you might like the healthy version, you must try the recipe as it is first!... That is my rule of thumb. All rice is different and is not as starchy or as absorbable as the rest! I can soak u..." See morep 6 cups of milk with 1 cup of reg med grain rice..Brown rice takes longer to asborb liquid than thw white rices...Cooking is a chemistry, you have to know what your doing before u start changing things, plus have the experience in doin so. From a professinal cook and chef yours truly George"
Creamy Rice Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.