Chocolate Mayan Jungle Bird2 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 7 hr 40 min
“Chicken breasts, marinated in sweetened condensed milk and pan-fried, are served in a flavorful, chocolate and wine sauce.” - by MONIBALONI
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tablespoon chicken granules. Place chicken breasts in bowl, and turn to coat all sides of the chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 5 to 6 hours; overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a roasting pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil on the stove top over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery, chile pepper, garlic, and shallot with rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, juniper berries, peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon stick in oil until vegetables are evenly browned. Stir in 1 cup wine, cover, and cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes; gradually add remaining wine to the pan during this time. Stir in chicken stock, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Strain contents of roasting pan into a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat to reduce sauce. Melt chocolate in the sauce, stirring until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil. Season chicken with remaining chicken granules, covering both sides generously. Cook in hot oil until evenly browned and cooked through. Pour sauce over chicken, and heat through.
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"While this wasn't the best chicken dinner I've ever had, I had to rate it a 5 for being delicious and creative! I would have never in a million years considered putting chocolate on chicken, but it r..." See moreeally works. The chicken was wonderfully moist and I love the smell of cooking chocolate."
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
Red Bird Wrap
Just swipe to see more like this.