Pepperoni Stuffed Mushrooms80 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This appetizer is by far the most popular of all my friends and family. These mushrooms will disappear in seconds! Pepperoni and mushrooms together - - you will think you are eating a pizza!” - by KOALAGIRL
Original recipe yields 24 mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Remove and chop the mushroom stems. Set the caps to the side.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom stems, onion, pepperoni, and garlic to the butter and cook until the onions are tender. Stir in the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and chicken broth; remove from heat and allow to cool to the touch.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the pepperoni mixture. Arrange the stuffed caps on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is hot and mushrooms are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 155 cal
- 11.3 g
- 8.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (80)Rate This Recipe
"Wow, these were great! Even two of my mushroom-hating kids tore them up! The only changes I made was substituting the cracker crumbs for Parmesan flavored bread crumbs since that's what I had on hand,..." See more and topping each mushroom with a torn slice of mozzarella cheese the last few seconds of baking, then hiking the temp up to broil to get some cheese bubbling action going. Just my little tip with stuffed mushrooms: I always saute the whole mushroom caps on both sides for a few minutes, then drain hollowed side down on paper towels for at least 10 minutes prior to stuffing. This softens the mushrooms a little for a more tender texture, and draws some of the natural water out of them so you can avoid a soggy, wet mushroom. Also reduces baking time for the finished product, and they always turn out perfectly tender and sog-free! :-) Thanks so much for the recipe...can't wait to serve these at the Superbowl party. I might even try a little marinara sauce on the side for dipping! "
"I was lucky enough to get this recipe from Koalagirl before it was published and I decided to make these for our annual friends and family post Christmas tree picking and chopping party a few weeks ag..." See moreo. Honestly, everyone said that they were the best stuffed mushrooms they had ever tasted. I did add more parm than suggested and I replaced the broth with white wine. Sprinkled more parm on top with a dot of evoo and a bit of paprika. These were sensational Shar and I thank you so much for the sneak preview!!"
"I made these for our Christmas Eve celebration and they were a hit. I used the gigantic stuffing mushrooms from Costco, which made for a showy platter. Instead of butter crackers I used French's Fried..." See more Onions (Cheddar flavored) and whirled them up to crumbs in my mini processor... I believed this really added that special somethin' somethin' to what was an already fantastic appetizer. Bravo, Koalagirl, for providing an excellent appetizer recipe! "
The Best Stuffed Mushrooms
Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.