Sour Cream Apple Pie Deluxe234 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is a delicious recipe combining apples, sour cream, sugar and a few others--to make a scrumptious dessert. I highly recommend that you use a high quality sour cream-it really does make the difference.” - by phebesue75
Original recipe yields 1 - (9 inch) pie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press the pie crust into and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, and salt. Mix in the sour cream, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add apples, and stir to coat. Scrape the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 30 minutes more.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the topping in a medium bowl. Stir together 1/3 cup of flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- After the 30 minute bake time has passed, cover the top of the pie with the crumb topping, and continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Allow the pie to cool, then refrigerate until chilled before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 382 cal
- 20 g
- 48.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (234)Rate This Recipe
"I entered this pie into a pie contest, never having made it before. I won First Prize over 30 other pies! A shock, because there were many pies that were more beautiful and elaborate, but the judges ..." See moreraved about the flavor and the texture of the surprise sour cream filling. This is why I LOVE Allrecipe reviews! I can never lose when I look for the highly rated recipes!"
"I made this pie for the second time yesterday. It was a hit last night for dessert, and even better chilled this am at the church pot luck lunch. Both times I've made it, I wanted two pies (the pill..." See moresbury pre-packaged crusts at our grocery store come in packs of 2) This first time, I made one deep dish (in a nice ceramic pie plate), and another in a regular tin pie plate. Doubling the recipe gave barely enough filling. Yesterday, I used a triple recipe, and 2 nice ceramic dishes. I tripled the filling, and the topping ingredients. This resulted in 2 nice deep dish pies. I did cook the pies a little longer, just adding a couple of minutes to each step to be sure the deeper pies were thoroughly cooked. I found the recipe easy, and the end result simply perfect. Thanks!"
"This was a yummy pie! While making it I realized the container I had in the fridge was plain yogurt, not sour cream! I used the yogurt, and the pie still turned out delicious! I ended up baking it at ..." See moreleast an extra half hour after the topping was on- because I was unsure about the yogurt, and the top wasn't browning. It didn't brown, just got crunchy, and the pie turned out great."
Glazed Apple Cream Pie
Apple Cream Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.