Easy Thai Beef or Chicken Salad2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A simple Thai salad with fewer ingredients than usual. All my friends beg me to make this recipe for them. Use the taste test method for the dressing, adjusting the heat to your preference. I eat mine extremely hot!!! Also great with beef!” - by ALANE47
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer under cold running water until no longer cloudy. Transfer to a medium saucepan and cover with 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, remove from heat and let stand for at least 10 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Season chicken with salt and garlic powder. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, reducing heat when necessary, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Transfer to preheated oven to keep warm.
- Place lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, and cilantro together in a large mixing or serving bowl. Toss to combine. In another bowl, stir together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and crushed red pepper until well blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove chicken from oven, slice into thin strips, and drizzle with dressing. Divide salad and rice among serving plates, and top each with chicken slices. Dressing may also be served at the table and each salad dressed individually.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 399 cal
- 8.9 g
- 55.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Easy and Fast Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad
Warm Chicken, Bacon, and Egg Salad with Mayonnaise Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.