Mexican Fire Rice66 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a rice recipe with a different little kick. You can either make it as hot or as mild as you like it, depending on your taste for spiciness. This serves as a great side dish or for a 'quick fix' meal.” - by CHAUNIH
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown.
- In a medium baking dish, mix the cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 456 cal
- 28 g
- 31 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (66)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! I used ground beef because thats what I had on hand. Easy to put together, makes a bunch, economical and seriously tasty!..." See more"
"This was a hit at the last mexican fiesta I had! Add this to your menu. Delicious...." See more"
Caitlin's Mexican Rice
Del Rio's Mexican Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.