Chicken and Bowtie Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce175 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A tasty mix of chicken, garlic, mushrooms, prosciutto and pasta are complemented by a thin but flavorful Asiago cream sauce.” - by THENEWTRICIA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken cubes, reducing heat if necessary, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in prosciutto, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, reduce heat, and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Return sauce to the stove and add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.
- To serve, place pasta in a large mixing or serving bowl. Add chicken and mushroom mixture and pour in cream sauce. Toss well, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 837 cal
- 50.7 g
- 61.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (175)Rate This Recipe
"This was restaurant quality, but I'd recommend a few changes: a small carton of cream is 2 cups so instead of buying a larger carton for just 1/4 cup more (a bit pricey and I'd rather not have leftove..." See morer cream to cook w/ b/c of its high fat content) do not add all of the pasta; a whole bouillon is quite acceptable - who's really using 1/4 of it?! I didn't have prosciutto, but it really needs that flavor. I added peas and it completed the meal. Think ahead and reuse the same pots to make fewer dishes!"
"Since my changes were only in the adjustment of quanity I still gave this recipe 5 stars. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper before cooking it. I also added more cheese and used an entire bu..." See morellion cube to the sauce to add more flavor to it. I added more garlic when cooking the prosciutto. Also I felt that there was too much pasta for the amount of chicken/mushrooms & prosciutto that the recipe called for. I used 2 lbs of chicken, 1 cup of mushroom (next time I will make it 2 cups) and 1/2 cup of prosciutto. I was very excited when I saw this recipe and it reminded me of my favorite dish at the Macaroni Grill that they no longer carry. I recieved several compliments at dinner. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"This is an awesome recipe! I'm one of those cooks who just can't leave a recipe alone, so I changed it up a bit. I saute`ed the chicken in olive oil, and added 2 minced fresh garlic cloves, 1 tablespo..." See moreon dried sweet basil, and 1 teaspoon sea salt. For the sauce, I used 3 1/2 cups heavy cream, and added dried sweet basil, 1/2 chicken bouillon cube, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon real butter, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. I used a full cup Asiago cheese, and substitued bacon for the proscuitto. I also cooked the bacon, mushrooms, and fresh garlic in olive oil, rather than butter. My whole family loved this recipe! If you were to add capers and a sqeeze of fresh lemon juice, it would taste just like a favorite dish at a well known Italian Restaurant....which is what I plan to do next time!"
Teena's Spicy Pesto Chicken and Pasta
Lemon Cream Pasta with Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.