Mexican Turkey Burgers118 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Inspired by Mexican tortillas, American burgers, and delicious breadcrumb coatings, I created this recipe. The whole family loves it, and whoever gets this recipe in hand passes it on. So I thought it was time to share it with you.” - by Daniel den Hoed
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green pepper, and garlic 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix the salsa and 1/2 the corn. In a large bowl, mix the onion mixture with the turkey, taco seasoning, and 2 tablespoons of the salsa mixture. Divide into 6 patties, and press into the breadcrumbs to lightly coat on all sides. Arrange coated patties in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the patties 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Drain any liquid from the dish, turn patties, and spread with the remaining salsa mixture. Continue baking 10 minutes, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave, about 30 seconds on High. Wrap the cooked turkey patties in the warmed tortillas with sour cream and lettuce. Sprinkle with remaining corn to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 509 cal
- 17.5 g
- 64.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (118)Rate This Recipe
"Great flavor. Go well with the Best Black Bean recipe from this site. Didn't have a packet of taco seasoning so used recipe below. We only used 1 can of corn too as I usually don't like corn. Not this..." See more time. Measured burgers using 1/4 cup so burgers would cook evenly. Made 5 fat burgers. We only had small tortillas so cut burgers in half and they rolled up nicely. Make sure you top tortilla with the baked salsa as well as the sour cream and lettuce. The combo makes the meal. Thanks for this keeper recipe. Taco Seasoning 1 tablespoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 teaspoon black pepper Store in an airtight container."
"These burgers were amazing I used the self made taco seasoning some posted in one of the reviews and it was great!!!! I did not use the bread crumbs and I did grill them. To keep them from falling apa..." See morert I put them on wax paper and put in the freezer till just partial frozen and then sprayed grill and they came out perfect."
Actually Delicious Turkey Burgers
Seasoned Turkey Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.