Creamy Pork with Sour Cream Sauce38 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Breaded pork cube steaks served with a wonderful sour cream sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice or potatoes. I usually double the recipe for the sauce.” - by KELLYGOFF
Original recipe yields 8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a shallow dish, stir together egg, water, rosemary, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip pork steaks into egg mixture, and coat with bread crumbs; brown pork 5 minutes on each side. Remove, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, and cook until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, and chicken broth. Warm through, then pour over pork, and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 685 cal
- 52.9 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (38)Rate This Recipe
"Used boneless pork chops for this recipe and cream of chicken soup with herbs for more flavor. This was amazing. The meat was very tender and delicious. The sauce was great over white rice. Thanks..." See more for the post...definately will make again."
"I give this recipe 5 stars with my changes. Most importantly, I wait to add the gravy (sour cream sauce) until serving. I served the gravy in a gravy boat and let everyone add their own. This way the ..." See morepork steaks are not swimming in the gravy. I changed the gravy a bit by using 2 cans of soup - 1 cream of mushroom and 1 cream of chicken. I added extra mushrooms and a small chopped onion to the sauce. I chopped some of the mushrooms fine and left the rest bigger because I like the big chunks. I would also suggest crisping up the pork steaks in the broiler for a couple of minutes after baking and BEFORE adding any sauce. Yum, yum! Serve with mashed potatoes topped with the same gravy. (I added a picture!)"
"My husband is the the pork chop king. He could eat them 7 days a week but he never had pork cube steaks. He went wild over these! I used Smart Balance to brown them in. Didn't want to open a can o..." See moref chicken bouillion for only a 1/2 c. so used 1 T. chicken soup base in 1/2 c. water. Also, up'd the garlic a bit to 1/4 t. "Roasted Garlic and Savory Spices" was the seasoned breadcrumbs I used. They turned out PERFECTLY. Moist inside with a nice crust. You could cut them with a fork. As someone else said, next time I will double the gravy for the mashed potatoes I served with them. A true keeper!!! Thank you very much; I can hear his request already for this one over and over. "
Amazing Pork Chops in Cream Sauce
Sour Cream Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.