PB & J Pinwheels8 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 35 min
“These fun pinwheel cookies are a dazzling and delicious treat for any special occasion. Kids are sure to love them!” - by JIF®
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Cut parchment paper to line 17 x 11-inch pan.
- Combine Butter Flavor CRISCO®, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
- Press dough out to edges of paper and spread with jam to within 1/2-inch of edges. Lift up long side of paper. Loosen dough with spatula. Roll dough up jelly-roll fashion. Seal seam. Sprinkle nuts on paper. Roll dough over on nuts. Press on any extra nuts. Wrap in paper. Place in plastic bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough. Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool about 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to new foil. If desired, top with additional jam before serving.
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I love it when I find a recipe that reminds me of childhood or at least an early memory, this is that rcipe. My Mum made a cookie very much like this but there was one difference instead of jam the co..." See moreokied was spread with melted chocolate. I have made three different batches one with jam one with my childhood memory of chcolate and then I just went compleatly crazy and spread with chocolate and jam. The last combination was a little messy but worth the effort. I will make these again and a again, all varities. A real keeper."
"I found it easier to roll the dough between two pieces of waxed paper, and then place in the freezer for a few minutes to firm it up before spreading on the jam. I skipped the nuts on the outside. Aft..." See moreer rolling, I placed in the freezer again for a few hours, thus saving a lot of time. I got 45 cookies out of roll, and my kids really liked them."
Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.