Addictive Sesame Chicken138 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“My family begs for this dish! Much easier to prepare than the ingredient list indicates. If you are a fan of Chinese food, prepare to become ADDICTED to this yummy sesame chicken. Serve over jasmine rice.” - by MISSFAVOR
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine the 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the dry sherry, dash of sesame oil, flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, baking powder, baking soda, and canola oil in a large bowl. Mix well; stir in the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the 1/2 cup water, chicken broth, vinegar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, red chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the marinated chicken in batches until cooked through and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer the chicken to a large platter, top with sauce, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 740 cal
- 37 g
- 68.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (138)Rate This Recipe
"I'm a vegetarian so I only made the sauce from the second part of the recipe, and it was the best sesame sauce I've ever made -- better than my favorite restaurant's! I made a couple of changes: veggi..." See moree broth for chicken; bumped the vinegar to 3/8 cup; brown sugar instead of white; red pepper flakes instead of chili paste; 3 cloves of garlic. Instead of boiling the sauce as the recipe suggests, I stir-fried the garlic in the sesame oil then added my fake meat and veggies, then added everything else. I stirred in cornstarch until I was happy with the consistency so I probably used less than called for in the recipe. But the sauce was nice and thick, and a wonderful combination of sweet and tangy. This is one is definitely a keeper!"
"This looks like a variation (or the other is a variation of this LOL) of the Perfect Sesame Chicken also posted here on Allrecipes. ANd it's GREAT! if you want a really wonderful lower fat/carb versi..." See moreon, marinate the chicken in the liquids and DUST marinated chicken with onlypart of the cornstarch. Dry fry or use 1tsp at a time of peanut oil in a non stick wok until cooked. Dump the sugar and use 2/3c sucralose and always use apple cider vinegar. use half the amount of cornstartch to thicken or use arrowroot powder. Traditional sauces (according to my Chinese friends) are a bit thinner than the thick styles. Just by not deep frying the meat, you can save hube amounts of fat calories and cutting the sugar and the cornstartch removes much of the carb count too. This recipe is great as it is... but I'm just saying you can low fat-lower carb this dish so even those on special diets can enjoy :)"
Perfect Sesame Chicken
Chinese Restaurant-Style Sesame Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.