Peachy Broccoli Chicken4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a great recipe. It's delicious and a whole meal in one serving!” - by CHAZON
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place the peaches and syrup in the skillet, and cook 15 minutes, until syrup is reduced by about 1/2 and thickened.
- Place the broccoli and water in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and cook 5 minutes on High in the microwave, or until tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet with the peaches. Mix in the broccoli, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until heated through and coated with the syrup. Serve over the cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 360 cal
- 5.9 g
- 58.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Recipe as written is bland and too complicated. However, the idea is good and with a few simple tweaks, is a tasty meal! **** To make it taste better try this; Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 oni..." See moreon, 1 red chilli, 1 red capsicum. **** To make it easier, try this; Chop all veges and chicken. Cook chicken and onion (and salt & pepper)until not pink any more. Remove chicken from pan. I*n same pan stirfry all veges and flavourings until crisp/cooked. Re-add chicken to pan, warm. Pour in peaches & syrup and cook until thickened (only a few minutes). Eat with rice. Tastes great and much easier. "
"This recipe was okay and the combination of peaches, brocolli and chicken was good, but there needed to be more of a sauce. It needs something extra to give it a little kick!..." See more"
"Ok- Yeah this sounds wierd I know; but it was a hit with my 5 yr old son. I read the first review and tried to spice things up a bit. I used a tbs of cinnamon; wich did add a bit of flavor. Also I..." See more used 2 cans of peaches, it made more sauce for the rice. I also left about a quarter cup of the starchy rice water and mixed it into the chicken sauce a bit. This will be a dish we eat when I've run out of everything else. We usually have broccoli, peaches, and chicken stocked."
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Chicken Parmesan with Linguine and Broccoli
Just swipe to see more like this.