Terrific Turkey Chili504 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Using some fresh and some canned ingredients, this chili is a snap to throw together and will keep you craving it for days. Chunky zucchini, fresh green onion, sour cream, and - what the heck - shredded Cheddar cheese, are sure to make this your favorite chili recipe. If you like beans in your chili, garbanzos right out of the can are great in this.” - by big surprise
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble turkey into the pot, stirring with a wooden spoon to break apart as much as possible. Season with taco seasoning mix, coriander, oregano, chili flakes, and tomato paste, and mix until meat is evenly coated with seasonings. Continue cooking, reducing heat if necessary, until turkey is well browned.
- Pour in beef broth, and simmer to reduce liquid slightly, about 5 minutes. Add salsa, tomatoes, and green chilies, and continue cooking at a moderate simmer for ten minutes. Adjust the thickness at any time you feel necessary by adding water.
- While chili is still cooking, heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and green bell pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and bell pepper is lightly browned. Add onion and bell pepper to the chili, and continue cooking at a very low simmer.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the zucchini to the chili, reduce heat, and continue cooking 15 minutes more. Again, adjust the consistency with water as needed.
- Ladle chili into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, green onion, and cheddar cheese, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 506 cal
- 31.9 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (504)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe--but I don't know that I would've given it 5 stars without the addition of 1 can each of black and garbanzo beans. It needed a little more "body" and the beans were just the thing. P..." See morerobably a can of corn in place of one of the beans would've worked well also. The spices were perfect--however, I always like a touch of sweetness to tomato based recipes, so I added 1/4 cup of brown sugar....YUM! I would highly recommend this chili recipe---and for anyone that never usually tries ground turkey in place of ground beef, believe me, you'll never miss it."
"Winner of the office Chili Cook-off. I add a couple garlic cloves and lots of Chipolte Tabasco Saaas. Toss in some Chili Powder (1 tsp+) if you are feeling crazy. Once the meat is browned, toss eve..." See morerything in the slow cooker for 4 hrs on High. Go for the gold!"
Smokin' Scovilles Turkey Chili
Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Just swipe to see more like this.