Equal®'s Lemon Meringue Pie4 Reviews
“The traditional dessert with 48% less calories. A cooked lemon custard layer is topped with mounds of golden baked meringue. Your diet never had it so good!” - by EQUAL®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge. Pierce bottom and side of pastry with fork. Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine water, lemon juice and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Beat eggs, 2 egg whites and lemon peel in medium bowl. Mix in 1-1/2 cups Equal® Spoonful*. Stir about half of hot cornstarch mixture into egg mixture.
- Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Pour mixture into baked pie shell.
- Beat 3 egg whites in medium bowl until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 2/3 cup Equal® Spoonful**, beating to stiff peaks. Spread meringue over hot lemon filling, carefully sealing to edge of crust to prevent shrinking or weeping.
- Bake pie in 425 degrees F oven about 5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 225 cal
- 11.6 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This is my husband's favorite after many trials of lemon meringue pie. I add a bit more lemon juice - probably about a 1/4 of a cup. I also use Splenda instead of equal - we think Splenda tastes bet..." See moreter."
Just swipe to see more like this.