Special Dark® Chocolate Chip Scones13 Reviews
“'Knead' a little morning pick-me-up? Bake away those gray mornings with homemade dark chocolate chip-studded scones!” - by HersheysKitchens.com
Original recipe yields 24 scones
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
- Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Pat dough into 4 1/2 x 16-inch rectangle about 1 1/4 inches high. Divide rectangle into 12 smaller rectangles each measuring 1 1/2 by 4 inches. Cut each rectangle diagonally, forming a total of 24 triangles (see note). Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 279 cal
- 16.8 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I just LOVE this recipe. I have made it a number of times and every time they turn out great! A bit rich/sweet for breakfast but perfect for a snack or tea! They were very moist when fresh from the..." See more oven, dryer when cooled but not overly so. Cinnamon chips work great too! Also, I have made with 2% milk because that's all I had and they tasted the same (great!) but the texture did change a bit (a little "chewy")."
"These are basically AMAZING. I used regular old bittersweet chocolate chips and Splenda, just what I had around, and they turned out really well. I would probably sprinkle them with real sugar next ..." See moretime; the Splenda looks a little bizarre on top. I am by no means a kneading connoisseur, so I had a bit of trouble getting all the dough kneaded together (felt like I had added a bit too much flour and that those chocolate chips would never blend in!), but I got it after about 5 minutes. (Nice upper body workout!) I sent these to my family through the mail, and they loved them a week later."
Just swipe to see more like this.