Stuffed Acorn Squash II30 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Acorn squash stuffed with ground beef, pork sausage, onions, garlic, and cheddar cheese. Serve with tossed salad and crusty bread for a simple, tasty meal.” - by Andytofu
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper, and lightly spray with cooking oil. Place in a baking dish flesh side down, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 10 to 15 minutes, or until flesh is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and pork in 1 tablespoon of oil on medium high heat until well browned, stirring frequently to crumble. Drain, and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Combine beef and pork with cheese and onions, and spoon mixture into squash halves.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 588 cal
- 36.6 g
- 41 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"With my alterations I give this recipe 5 stars for its tasty, earthy, comfort food appeal! I cooked 1 cup of white long grain rice with 2 cups of chicken broth in a separate pan so I could add it to m..." See morey ground beef mixture. I did not have pork sausage, but I'm sure it would be wonderful in this dish. I also added onions, celery, dried sage, 2 cloves of garlic, and rosemary to the meat for a savory taste. Once the squash was cooked, I spooned the rice and meat mixture into the wells, then topped each with some grated colby jack cheese. It turned out beautifully and was very tasty. My husband, who doesn't even like acorn squash, ate two servings! See my photo of this lovely autumn dish!"
"the squash is bitter, but add a teaspoon of brown sugar to the bottom before you add your sausage to it. It will make all the difference in the world...." See more"
"I really liked this. I tweaked it a little to suit my caloric preferences. Ground turkey instead of pork/beef. Eliminated the oil, not necessary for the meat or squash. Diced tomato instead of che..." See moreese. Also, I dont have a microwave, so I baked the squash @ 375 for 40 minutes, then another 20 with the stuffing. A great, healthy, delicous meal."
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash
Just swipe to see more like this.