Zucchini Pasta Bake60 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“The crunchy Parmesan on top and the gooey melted mozzarella mixed throughout make this baked pasta dish a real treat! It's great at the height of summer when the tomatoes and zucchini come straight from the garden!” - by RUTH GOOCH
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta, cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a blender or food processor, thoroughly mix the Parmesan cheese and crackers.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the onion in the skillet, and cook and stir until tender. Mix in the zucchini, tomato, and garlic, and season with oregano, basil, celery, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook and stir until the zucchini is tender.
- In the prepared casserole dish, mix the pasta with the vegetable mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the topping is lightly browned. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 271 cal
- 7.9 g
- 37.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"Well, this turned out delicious with just a few changes. First of all, I added one small chopped red pepper because the more veggies the better! I used one can(14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes (undrai..." See morened), in place of the fresh tomato. I figured this would help with the dryness other reviewers mentioned. I doubled the garlic, basil and oregano. I use much less pasta, otherwise it will be dry. I skipped mixing together the parmesan and crackers,(who needs more dishes to wash), opting instead to just sprinkle them both on separate at the end,(I only used about 6 buttery crackers). I would highly recommend this recipe as a way to help use up your abundance of zucchini. Give it a try!"
"With a couple changes, this recipe is SOOOO good!! Like previous posters I added a can of cream of chicken soup to the main mixture. I also added a pound of browned italian sausage. I used bread cr..." See moreumbs in place of the crackers. Unbelievebly delicious! I ate it 3 days in a row!!"
"This was a very good dish. I did a little altering but it turned out really good. I added ground beef and a small can of tomato sauce. It was wonderful. We have an abundance of zucchini in our gar..." See moreden right now, and it was nice to enjoy a different dish that used our zucchini. Thanks!!"
Pasta with Scallops, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
Pasta Ai Fiori Di Zucca (Pasta With Zucchini Blossoms)
Just swipe to see more like this.