Red Cinnamon Apples with Tiny Pork Sausages0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is beautifully coloured apples with little sausages sticking out at perky angles. Great Christmas Eve supper item. My grandma gave me this recipe after serving it for many years at holiday time. Serve hot in leafy green wreaths of watercress or lettuce. Accompany with fluffy rice or hot cheese sauce.” - by Cindy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a pot, boil the sugar, water, and cinnamon red hot candies 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and candies are melted. Place apples in the syrup, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Place the sausage links in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown.
- Arrange apples on a baking sheet. Place three sausages in the center of each apple. Drizzle apples with remaining syrup.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until apples are tender.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 434 cal
- 15.5 g
- 65.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Toffee and Cinnamon Apples
Cinnamon Pork Loin and Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.