Peanut Butter Coffee Cake23 Reviews
“A delectable treat bursting with the flavor of JIF® Peanut Butter. This coffee cake is a great morning snack.” - by JIF®
Original recipe yields 16 to 18 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup JIF® peanut butter and the melted butter or margarine until crumbly; set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup JIF® and the shortening together well. Slowly beat in 1 cup brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating till fluffy
- Thoroughly stir together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and soda. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beating after every addition.
- Spread batter in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Top with crumbly mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 247 cal
- 10.3 g
- 34.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"I was looking for a peanut butter bread/cake recipe that reminded me of the same cake I used to eat as a good at my elementary school in L.A. back in the 80s. I was sooo pleased with this recipe. It..." See more was not as great as the one at my school but it was pretty darn close. The one I was looking for did bot have a topping but this topping was extremely good. I would recommend this recipe and I plan on making it again. Also, I preferred it cold rather than straight out of the oven. Happy baking!!"
"Funny story, my friend and I were looking for a recipe that was reminiscent of the peanut butter cake they used to serve in the LA school district in the 80s. I come across this one, read the first r..." See moreeview and breakfastbelle also tried this recipe for the same reason! I agree with her that it is not exactly the same, but it is delicious in its own way. I halved the recipe (baked for 20 min in a 9x9 pan) not knowing if I would like it and I wished I would have just made the whole recipe. It is sooo good, moist and just perfectly flavored. The only thing I changed was added a handful of crushed peanuts to the topping just like they did in the elementary school cafeteria."
JIF(R) Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.