JIF® Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies167 Reviews
“The classic peanut butter cookie made even more irresistible with JIF® Peanut Butter!” - by JIF®
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine brown sugar, JIF® peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Do not over-bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 166 cal
- 8.3 g
- 20.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (167)Rate This Recipe
"followed the recipe to the T. I questioned the amt. of vanilla but figured there must be a good reason why the 1 tbsp. Don't cut down on the vanilla...this amt. makes the cookie! I used a good Mexi..." See morecan vanilla and it really combined so well with the p.b. They are soft and light with a slight crispy edge. Thanks for the advice regarding not overbaking. They will not look done when you take them out but you can see them brown slightly around the edges right before your eyes as you let them sit on the sheet for a minute or two. Easy to slide right off the sheet without any greasy taste. Lovely cookie but if you have a houseful of cookie monsters, you might want to double the batch. This made 54 cookies with the pampered chef small size scoop."
"Excellent! Have been using this recipe for years and they always come out perfect. Wonderful presentation and texture (they actually make me look like an accomplished baker). Suggest following the ..." See morerecipe including the 1T vanilla (great flavor), the crisco (don't use butter-it takes away from the texture). Cookies will not look finished after 7-8 min but take them out anyway. Suggested add: milk chocolate chunks."
Jif(R) Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.