Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies13 Reviews
“These cute, delicious treats are easy to make, filled with sweet goodness, and topped with chocolate. Sounds like a winner!” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 5 dozen cookies
- Cream Butter Flavor CRISCO® and sugars together. Add milk. Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Chill for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time, to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut out with 2 1/4-inch cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- Combine caramels and milk in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave at 50% (MEDIUM)for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until smooth (or melt on rangetop in small saucepan on very low heat). Drop rounded teaspoonfuls on top of each cookie. Place 3 pecan halves around edge of caramel to resemble turtle.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe cup. Microwave at 50% (MEDIUM) for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until smooth (or melt on rangetop in small saucepan on very low heat). Spread rounded teaspoonfuls over top of caramel. Do not cover the pecans. Cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 131 cal
- 5.3 g
- 19.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"A little time-consuming but a delicious and pretty cookie. Only thing to watch, the caramel will continue to spread, even after cooling. Some of the cookies ended up looking a little sloppy because of..." See more it. Keep them level."
"They were ok but the cookie was a little to sweet for me. You also need a lot more than 30 pecan halves I think they might have ment 300...." See more"
Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
Almond Cookies from Crisco Baking Sticks(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.