Pumpkin Cake with Orange Glaze21 Reviews
“Break out the Bundt pan! This intoxicating pumpkin spice cake is drizzled with a sweet orange glaze, and topped with nuts. Or try the rich vanilla frosting! Both toppings are so tasty, you will probably want to make two cakes.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch Bundt Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt pan with Butter Flavor CRISCO®. Flour lightly.
- Pour boiling water over raisins in colander. Drain. Press lightly to remove excess water.
- Combine granulated sugar, melted CRISCO® Shortening, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl. Beat at medium-high speed of electric mixer 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt and cloves in medium bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in raisins with spoon. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Place cake, top side up, on wire rack. Cool completely. Place cake on serving plate.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and orange juice in small bowl. Stir with spoon to blend. Spoon over top of cake, letting excess glaze run down side. Sprinkle with chopped nuts before glaze hardens.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 469 cal
- 19.7 g
- 69.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"No wonder I liked this cake - it wasn't until I tasted it and remembered another Crisco pumpkin cake I made not long ago, that I learned the two are the same! Just as my rating for "A Little Country P..." See moreumpkin Cake," this is 5-star good - moist, dense and not too sweet. I was tempted to omit the raisins, but did include them and they are a worthy addition, but not necessary. I also used vegetable oil rather than the melted Crisco, saving myself a few minutes. I drizzled the cake with a simple powdered sugar glaze to which I added a couple of good shakes of cinnamon. Very pumpkin-y!"
" I used dried cranberries instead of raisins and doubled the orange zest in the glaze which made a huge difference. Very moist and flavorful. It was a huge hit for Thanksgiving last year so I'm making..." See more it up again this year!"
Easter Bunny Cake
Almond Cookies from Crisco Baking Sticks(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.