Cherry Nut Coffee Cake9 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Layers of cherry filling, a sugary crumb topping with nuts, and a delicate drizzle of glaze.... Is this the perfect coffee cake?!?” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 1 13x9 inch coffee cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with CRISCO® No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in small bowl. Mix in Butter Flavor CRISCO® Shortening until crumbly.
- For cake, cream Butter Flavor CRISCO® Shortening, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spread half the batter in greased pan. Cover with half the cherry pie filling, spreading as evenly as possible. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with nuts and topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until top is brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool until slightly warm or to room temperature.
- For glaze, add enough milk (about 1 tablespoon) to confectioners' sugar to make desired consistency. Stir in almond extract. Drizzle over cake.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 383 cal
- 17.1 g
- 52.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This cake takes a little time to prepare but it is worth the extra work! great flavor and once you make it once you find yourself wanting to make it all the time!..." See more"
"This recipe was very, very good! As one of the previous commenters said, it is a lot of work. However, I thought it was well worth it. I also added cream cheese between the layers...." See more"
Easter Bunny Cake
Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.