Sun's Korean Marinating Sauce18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“My father used to catch albacore and our Korean neighbor, Sun, gave us this fantastic recipe. My parents would marinate the fish and then broil or barbecue it.” - by JFRESNO
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rub the albacore steaks with 4 tablespoons sugar. Allow to sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar, toasted sesame seeds, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Place the albacore steaks in the mixture, and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Discard marinade, and place the albacore steaks on a baking sheet. Broil to desired doneness in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 300 cal
- 10.1 g
- 22.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for Valentine's and it was excellent. I used it with Ahi Tuna and broiled for 8-10 min on each side and it turned out perfect. We really enjoyed this...." See more"
"This was the first time that I had ever made tuna. I did not have any ginger, and I used a bit less Splenda instead of sugar, and it was still very good. Thank you for the recipe. I will make again..." See more!!"
Easy and Simple Korean BBQ Ribs
Tilapia with Creamy Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.