Basil, Roasted Peppers and Monterey Jack Cornbread40 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“I just started adding my favorite things to basic cornbread and I came up with something great!” - by Stephanie
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 x 9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Butter a 9x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cornmeal with the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda in large bowl. Add 7 tablespoons butter and rub with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk buttermilk and eggs in medium bowl to blend. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until blended. Mix in cheese, corn, red peppers, basil, and onion. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake cornbread until golden and tester inserted comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool 20 minutes in pan. Cut cornbread into squares.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 314 cal
- 15.4 g
- 35.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious. I actually used two boxes of pre-made cornbread mix per the box directions (rather than making from scratch), and added all of the remaining ingredients, baked at 400 for 25 minutes, and it..." See more came out wonderfully."
"This was delicious. I had company and recieved lots of compliments. It did, however, take FOREVER to make, and I am not usually one to complain about the length of time it takes to prepare anything...." See more Another note: put it in the refrigerator. Mine spoiled within a day and a half. "
Cornbread Muffins I
Cornbread Muffins II
Just swipe to see more like this.