Jalapeno Cheese Bread76 Reviews
“A rich and spicy bread!” - by DeeDee
Original recipe yields 3 - 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans
- In a very large bowl, combine 7 cups of flour, cheese, jalapenos, 7 tablespoons sugar and the salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water, yeast and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let sit about 10 minutes; stir until all yeast is dissolved.
- Add the oil to the liquid mixture, stirring . Add half of the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Mix with hands to moisten flour as much as possible. Add remaining liquid mixture to dough and mix until flour is thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand until smooth and elastic to the touch, about 15 minutes, gradually adding only enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking.
- Place in a large greased bowl and invert dough so top is greased; cover with a dry towel and let stand in a warm place (90 - 100F) until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough.
- To Make Bread: Divide dough into 3 equal portions. Form each into a ball, then stretch out dough with both hands and tuck edges under to form a smooth surface. Pop any large air bubbles by pinching them. Form into loaves. (Note: I like to use a rolling pin and roll out dough, which pops all bubbles easily and quickly.) Place in 3 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover with towel again and allow to rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) until dark brown and done, about 1 hour, rotating the pans after 25 minutes for more even browning. Remove from pan as soon as bread will easily lift out, after about 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool about 1 hour before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 214 cal
- 7.2 g
- 29.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (76)Rate This Recipe
"This is really good bread. If your water temperature is not over 105, it will rise beautifully. I always check the tempature of my water with a thermometer just to be sure. I baked two loaves in pa..." See morens and baked the third on my pizza stone. All the loaves were great, but the one cooked on the pizza stone was beautiful - thanks to the other reveiwer who suggested this method!"
"I love jalapeno cheese bread and this was very good. I usually make it one loaf at time though, as I like it best hot from the oven. To pep it up a little I also add about 1/4 tsp of tabasco sauce t..." See moreo the dough with the 2nd half of the liquid mixture. I also really like this with very course chopped jalapenos as well as with extra sharp cheese, cut into little cubes (about a 1/4 inch or so). It makes cheese pockets. Oh, and I like to shape this into a long loaf, brush with egg white and a little water and bake on a greased cookie sheet. The crust is wonderful! "
Ham and Cheese Picnic Bread
Quick and Easy Cheese Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.