No Knead Refrigerator Rolls37 Reviews
“A light fluffy yeast roll that melts in your mouth.” - by Debbie Rowe
Original recipe yields 4 dozen rolls
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside to proof.
- In another bowl, mix together sugar, salt, shortening, and egg with an electric mixer at low speed. Add mixture to yeast, and stir in flour. The last 3 cups of flour will have to be mixed in by hand.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth, and place in refrigerator. Punch down occasionally as dough rises. You can leave dough in refrigerator overnight.
- Two hours before baking, shape the dough into rolls. Place on greased pans, baking trays or muffin pans. Let rise 2 hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 82 cal
- 1.4 g
- 15.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"This is a recipe that I have found pretty hard to mess up! I alternate this recipe with another wheat dinner roll recipe (that needs to be kneaded :), and this one is perfect for those days that you ..." See morewant fresh yeast rolls, but don't have time to let them rise before baking. When you let them rise in the fridge overnight, just use a lint free, dampened towel that will prevent air from coming in. These turn out perfectly browned when you watch the oven closely. They get brown fast so around 8 minutes, be watching for the perfect shade of golden-brown. Thanks for a great recipe and a staple at our house!!"
"Yummy rolls just as the recipe stands. I made a few substitutions - milk for the water, butter for the shortening and brush them with butter before baking. They melt in your mouth! ..." See more"
German Brotchen Rolls
Mom's Yeast Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.