Thanksgiving Stuffed Pumpkin11 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“My sister and I devised this recipe when we were new vegetarians looking for a Thanksgiving main dish in place of turkey. It tastes great and makes a beautiful presentation. We even take the kids on a 'Pumpkin Hunt' in advance of Thanksgiving - so much more humane than a turkey hunt!” - by CRE8IVEONE
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the almonds in a skillet over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
- In a bowl, mix the onion, eggs, mayonnaise, cream of mushroom soup, and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture into the pumpkin. Layer with 1 cup cheese and 1/3 stuffing, and drizzle with 1/3 melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/3 toasted almonds. Repeat layers. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet.
- Bake pumpkin 1 hour, or until filling is hot and bubbly. Cover pumpkin with aluminum foil if it begins to brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 585 cal
- 33.5 g
- 55.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Sorry for the confusing directions! I usually use a 12" diameter pumpkin. I mark the pumpkin about 6 or 7 inches from the bottom up. (Use a ruler and make small marks with a pen as you circle the pump..." See morekin, measuring from the bottom up.) Cut along your dotted line and discard the top. It is best to wrap the whole pumpkin in aluminum foil during baking to prevent browning, but remove the foil from the top for the last 15 minutes to allow the casserole to brown a little. Cooking time varies a little so I can't be more specific, but 1 1/2 hours is about right. I like to scoop out a little of the cooked pumpkin with each serving but that's up to you! Now that my children are grown, I don't use the pumpkin anymore - I just use a 9x13 pan, make 2 layers, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered. I hope this helps!"
"Thanksgiving stuffed pumpkin... I thought that it was very nice. After I tried this there wasnt any room for Turkey it was so good...." See more"
"Great Recipe. Truly enjoyed it and will make it again. Thanks and again It is a great recipe and I have recommended it to many friends, Vegan and non Vegan alike, all of them have loved it! I do sugg..." See moreest Cooking it longer if you would like to eat the pumpkin as well though."
Classy Pumpkin Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.