Mapled Ham55 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Ham with pineapples, cloves, and a sweet maple syrup sauce - it's a holiday classic!” - by Colleen Criswell
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prick the ham with a fork. Place the pineapple slices on the ham, securing with toothpicks. Press the cloves into the ham. Place the ham in a baking dish with the water.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, and mix in the syrup, brown sugar, and honey until heated through. Pour 1/2 the mixture over the ham.
- Bake the ham 1 hour and 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste frequently with the remaining butter and syrup mixture.
- Remove the ham from heat, and drain pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until thickened, and serve with the ham.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 396 cal
- 15.7 g
- 28 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"I used a can of Sierra Mist instead of water, and added the juice from the can of pineapple rings, as well. It came out PERFECT. Check the photos I posted! :)..." See more"
"I really liked this recipe. I only used 1 cup of water instead of 2 and I used a small roasting pan. I used half of the drippings to use for the glaze. It takes some time for the drippings to get thic..." See morek so don't get discouraged it will thicken up."
"As other reviewers have stated, the syrup mixture needs to be thickened with cornstarch, otherwise it just runs off the ham. And next time I'll reduce the water to only 1 cup. Due to the volume of w..." See moreater (combined with the ham juices and the syrup runoff), the ham was literally boiling in deep liquid toward the end when I went to baste it. I won't use cloves anymore since they only flavored the ham immediately surrounding each one, and they are bitter when accidently bitten into (they are small and easy to overlook). Flavor was good, would probably be much better with a thickened syrup which remains on the ham instead of running off."
Tangy Honey Glazed Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.